Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Friday, September 16, 2016

 Finished.
Through this process, I have learned a few things...
1.) Art is therapy.  When I began this project a few months ago, I was angry and upset over what I had seen, heard, and read.  Now, I feel exhausted, but triumphant.  It still saddens me when I think of the issues within public education funding, but I feel like my painting speaks for me.
2.) I have an amazing group of friends who are there for me.  No matter what.
3.) My family has my back.  
4.) My husband must really love me.  I have destroyed our front living room, the bathroom sink is clogged with paint, I have not cooked in I don't know how long... and yet he continues to support me.


My painting, "Common Core" will be displayed in the Waters Center during ArtPrize 8.  



No comments:

Post a Comment