Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Monday, September 26, 2016


Good morning, Blogging Peeps! I'm back home from my first stay in Grand Rapids for ArtPrize.  I was hoping to blog while I was there, but I was too excited to share and talk about my entry to everyone and ANYONE who would listen to me (lol). But here are a few clips from my experience...

This is Michael... he plays these incredible hand carved violins across from my mural painting.  Notice his display?  It looks like a music sheet, and the violins look like music notes!  How awesome is that?

This is Brian...
If you do make it to ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, which I hope you do, you must go to the Waters Building on 161 Ottawa!  As you walk into this beautiful example of modern architecture, the space opens up into this vast lobby with 20 foot tall samurai to greet you.  These incredible sculptures were created by Brian and let me tell you, you will be in awe of these structures built using chairs.  This is a must see!

This is Shaun...
After walking past the chair samurai, you will be struck by the strength and sheer talent of Shaun's painting!  Ok, side note on this guy, he made it to the final 25 last year in ArtPrize, and I kinda stalked him.  Just a little.  I'm a big fan of his work, and so this was exciting to have my photo taken with him.  
And then, my entry is just a few steps away, across from Shaun's painting, next to the elevators.  
This has been an incredible experience!





No comments:

Post a Comment