Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

In addition to working on the #PublicArt #mural for the City of #SterlingHeights, I took a brief break to compete in the annual #ArtsBeatsandEats meter beautification contest. Last year I placed 3rd, and this year I placed first with my #giraffe! I was inspired by my love for feeding the giraffes at the #DetroitZoo nearby, and of course the shape of the meter itself. I love competing in this event, I've met several talented artists through this competition. One of them even came out and supported me while I was working on the mural! 
On another note, today is a big day... Ribbon cutting day! I'm nervous, I'm excited, I'm wondering if anyone will show up (other than my immediate family -and what if they are caught in traffic??). 
It doesn't help that today, just before the ribbon cutting, I find out if I made it into the final 5 for the Michigan Great Artist contest. Great timing. I hope that one will take my mind off the other. 
Perhaps I should just paint. Paint a dog. A Pitty :-) yes, that is what I will do!
If you're in Sterling Heights today, stop by and say hello! The ribbon cutting will be at the BP gas station on the corner of Dodge Park and Utica Road at 6 p.m. this evening.
Now I must paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment