Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Saturday, September 8, 2018

All done! This afternoon I completed the final touches, and finished tweaking my outdoor mural painted on the back of this BP gas station in Sterling Heights, MI. I have enjoyed working on this piece and meeting residents of this community, as they came by to root me on with words of encouragement and praise. I tried my best to design something meaningful for this community that encompasses only a sample of it's offerings -I hope they like it! 
The bears represent the Marshall Fredrick sculpture in front of the Sterling Heights Public Library, just across the street from this mural. I also love how the Mama Bear and cub represent family. The wavy lines represent the Clinton River that runs throughout this city, and the globe in the center represents the City's cultural diversity. The sunset and river have an art deco flair, to represent the style Marshall Fredrick carved the bears.  And the explosion of color on the bears? Well, that represents me and my love for color. 
Thank you Sterling Heights.
The title of this mural?
Sterling Pride.


No comments:

Post a Comment