Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Friday, August 4, 2017


 I just completed and turned in my DaVinci Mechanical Dragon entry for the Renaissance Festival! Wahoo! 
Below you will see that I took my original sketch and enlarged it using the copier.
You'll also notice a grey sheet next to it. This is transfer paper and saves me a lot of headache in transferring images to their final destination. I can't place the plywood on top of my light table -right?



 Here you will see the graphite transfer paper under the copy of the image. Before you use this, make sure that the graphite paper is on the correct side, for the graphite to rub off onto the surface you intend to paint/ink/or whatever. I've made this silly mistake before and ended up with the image transferred onto the actual copy and not the board/canvas/watercolor paper.

Speaking of mistakes, here you will see the image transferred and inked in...using a watercolor ink pen... On plywood...
What was I thinking??? I realized this error about 2a.m. the night before deadline.
Yup. 
Note to self: hide the watercolor markers with the watercolor paper with a sign "only use for illustrating".
But sometimes our errors can change the way we see things and turn into a thing of beauty... 

No comments:

Post a Comment