Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Thursday, August 3, 2017

 Good afternoon Blogging Peeps! Just finished this rough sketch for a little art contest. The theme this year is "Renaissance". When I think of the Renaissance, I think of DaVinci and all of his inventions, and his detailed drawings. Therefore, my painting will depict DaVinci's greatest invention: The Mechanical Dragon. Obviously, there is no such thing, but this will be my spin :-) I think my biggest risk will be going with a monochromatic color scheme -but sometimes you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette (or so someone once told me). By the way, this is totally out of my comfort zone! I love Steampunk designs, but have always feared designing them. I must be honest, I'm enjoying the challenge. So, lesson for today? Step out of that comfort zone! You grow as an artist and as an individual ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment