Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Blue

First of all, yes, I'm aware I posted yesterday and am not due for another week. I feel like there is something you should know about my ArtPrize entry, and I'm waiting for my coffee.
Can you see those little blue lines dotting the image?  That's painter's tape covering words and phrases I cropped from the recyled student assignments I painted on.  Phrases such as, "make it make sense", "fantasy:counting coin vs. reality: fun with fractions" are just a few I must protect to reveal to the viewer and strengthen my opinion toward budget cuts in public education.
As you will notice, there's a lot of blue tape.  If you are planning to visit ArtPrize in Grand Rapids this fall, I encourage you to stop by and hunt for these phrases, and many more.  My painting will be on display at the Waters Building!


No comments:

Post a Comment