Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Monday, September 13, 2021

BIG news this week!!

I have been holding onto this secret ALL summer and now I can share it the BIG news!!!
While painting, "Trail Blazer," on #VentimigliaItalianFoods in #SterlingHeights, I was also illustrating a #picturebook! What kind of picture book? 
... Well, I thought it was very interesting...
It's an alphabet book about #Presidential #pets, going back to #President #Washington !! 
And there's more... the #authors really went above and beyond with their research. They are #journalists after all! They discovered and was granted permission for me to print out articles and letters about the presidents who are mentioned. I glued the copies and created the illustrations over these authentic pieces of history. 
I am so glad Janis Campbell and Cathy Collision reached out to me for this project. It's been an incredible journey with these two, but I feel like we're just getting started.
If you're in the #GrandRapids area during #ArtPrize this year, you can see the original #paintings on display at the #AtwaterBrewery located on the corner of #Michigan and Monroe Avenue. 
This book is truly a book for all ages! A lot of nuggets of information to hunt for.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment