Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

As we all know, COVID-19 put the world on hold. Everything has been cancelled, to save lives and to slow the virus. One of the many celebrations that was cancelled, was celebrating our 2020 graduating class. My heart broke for my niece when the news was official: no prom, no senior party, no commencement ceremony, nothing. So yesterday, I woke up extra early, grabbed my chalk and my kiddos, and headed to my niece's house and chalked up this message to celebrate her:


I chalked up the roller derby girl and my kids did the lettering :-) We were out of there before my niece woke up -total surprise! So if you have a friend or family member graduating during this time of uncertainty, grab some chalk. Tag their sidewalk, or driveway, or leave a note to let them know they are celebrated for their hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment