Common Core

Common Core
12'x8' acrylic paint on 500 recycled assignments

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

 I just completed another #dogportrait, and thought I would share a few progession photos of my work. Please bear with me as I fumble through this post. 
As you can see, in this pic the dog is looking like a dog, but there's not enough fur detail
I get it, it's only 8 inches square, but it looked so unfinished to me. I mean, come on, it's a #goldenretriever , one of the hairiest, furriest dogs on the planet! And there was nothing behind those eyes. To me, the eyes and the nose are th most important of a #petportrait ... But that's just me.


A little better, but not much. 

Ah yes, this is Indie!
I added more detail to his snout. His neck fur feels like it cascades down and around his hidden collar and I love how his eyes have just a hint of light reflecting. I wanted the light source to focus on his wild - Golden Retriever -like fur.
Thank you for stopping by :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment